Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Using Flickr

I have completed Week 2 and have set up a blog, obviously, and am tracking my progress.
I am now on Week 3 and have been exploring Flickr. This turned out to be quite a painless process. I got myself a Flickr account, took some photos on the branch digital camera and uploaded them to my computer and to Flickr. The photos are nothing fancy, just some odd shots around the branch. I then went into my Blogger account and am currently writing this post before adding one of the photos I took, that is now in Flickr, and bringing it into this Blog. Wow, isn't this fun? I love it, being allowed and encouraged to play with this stuff. Actually I am really doing it so I can be one up on my husband who thinks he knows everything - he tells me he is perfect and only thought he'd been wrong once, then he realized he was right all along!!! I don't think so!

Anyway to get back to the matter at hand. Here is a picture of part of our Story Time Collection. These are books for librarian use only. I tried using the Puppet book, Miss Moo Moo the Cow at a Dropin Storytime. It was fun to use, but probably a little long for a Dropin. Smaller groups would probably get more out of it. Our Dropins average 40-100 people!

No comments: