Thursday, June 28, 2007

Week 5 Continued LibraryThing

Using LibraryThing in itself was easy, but I was very frustrated by the widget. I imported it onto my blog using HTML, but it did not seem to want to access My Library & kept coming up with some selection that was nothing to do with me. Actually getting it into my blog was not a problem and I liked the idea of it. It worked if I just wanted to search for an author or title, but on the webpage it says you can use it to access your own collection and this I could not do. In the end I deleted it all and went back to LibraryThing and just got the HTML code for the standard format, which you will now see on the right hand side of my Blog. This is OK, but takes up a lot of space. I could have reduced the number of books I wanted it to show, I suppose, but wanted to indicate a bit of variety.

No comments: