Saturday, June 30, 2007

Week 5 continued Rollyo

Although I found it easy to set up my own Rollyo list, I did not find this system very good at providing explanations or information on how to place it into my Blog. In the 23 Things, we are instructed to link the Rollyo to our Blog, but the only instructions I could find in Rollyo were about adding a blog to your Rollyo Search. Maybe someone knows how to add the link to our blogs?
Now, with that perseverance for solving a problem that all reference librarians exhibit, I have discovered that you need to go into the Dashboard tab and then into tools while signed in. You will see the Rollyo search box on the right side of my blog and can go into My Profile and see my list Earth & Sky.
I hope that means I have completed the 5th week. I did find some of this week frustrating. Not all of this week's sites are very user friendly, and you really have to search to work things out.
As far as uses for Rollyo, I can see it would be good to focus searches to be more subject specific and to contain only the sites you know and that are trustworthy and reliable.

No comments: