Thursday, July 26, 2007

Week 9 YouTube

The You Tube video I chose is of Dennis Chambers (Baltimore native, voted in the top 40 all time best drummers in the world, plays drums for Santana & appeared with them when they played at Superbowl 37), Carl Filipiak - also from Baltimore, who plays many gigs around town & who has published instructional guitar videos/DVDs, and Paul Soroka who plays sax and lyricon and keyboards. Dennis drums all over the world & holds many workshops. He very kindly signed some drumsticks for me along with my friend & his, Tim Steele, who currently drums in The Approach & Crawdaddies - two local bands. I used to have a 5 piece set of Pearl Select drums with Zildjian cymbals & took classes for a while, so I have an interest in drumming. Pearl has a Masters Series Dennis Chambers snare drum & there are Dennis Chambers signature drumsticks available. Carl Filipiak is a lovely, modest guy who plays brilliant guitar. His band plays jazz fusion with a Jimi Hendrix influence & I love his version of Little Wing. Check out his website for listings for local gigs. www.carlfilipiak.com. Paul Soroka can play keyboards and lyricon at the same time - there's multitasking for you. His sax is over 30 years old & he told me that if his house was on fire it is the one thing he would want to rescue.
Dennis's website is www.dennischambers.com.

To Come - what I think about YouTube

No comments: